Warren For President
The Warren For President Campaign is hiring Organizing Directors to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020 and make big, structural change.
Organizing Directors will report to State Directors and plan and implement programs to build the grassroots organization necessary to persuade and mobilize voters for 2020 presidential nominating contests.
These positions will be filled on a rolling basis throughout the fall and will be based in states across the country.
In this position you will:
- Manage a team of Deputy and Regional Organizing Directors to meet voter contact and capacity-building goals;
Determine correct metrics and goals to achieve strategic imperatives within the state program in conjunction with the State Director, Organizing Desks and States Desks;
- Oversee turfing for all Field Organizers in conjunction with HQ Data Desk;
- Determine staff and volunteer training program and schedule in conjunction with State Director, Organizing Desks and Training Team;
- Serve as GOTV Director in the state, unless supplemented by a redeployment team covering this role. In this capacity, you will be responsible for finalizing the GOTEV / GOTV Plan in conjunction with the State Director and HQ Organizing Team.
Top things we’re looking for:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren.
- Four cycles of organizing experience and at least three cycles of staff management experience is preferred, including experience managing managers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, on-call environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.