The Impact Project
Organizations supporting universal, portable, and automatic retirement savings in Colorado are seeking a full-time organizer for a short term project.
This organizer would work from November 2019 through mid-May 2020. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying constituents and organizations who support expanding access to retirement savings plans.
- Developing a bank of stories of support that can be shared to the web and in the media.
- Organizing testimony and in-person advocacy.
- Regularly communicating with Secure Savings coalition, advocates, and supporters to keep them informed and engaged on plan development, timeline/process, and impact of the campaign.
- Working with coalition members, advocates, and issue experts to help advocates and storytellers craft their narratives in a way that aligns with coalition-developed talking points and public polling.
- Working with coalition members to develop and disseminate sample communications, advocacy materials, and content.
- Working with coalition members to organize public education activities, events, and presentations.
- Working with coalition members to coordinate meetings with state legislators.
- Coordinating with coalition members, consultants, and others to ensure stakeholders and decision makers are receiving contacts from the general public at key moments.
We’re seeking an experienced organizer who is a goal oriented, self-motivated, and has excellent relationship building and communication skills.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a good track record with organizing around policy advocacy
- Gets things done and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is resourceful and creatively overcomes obstacles
- Is an effective, culturally competent coach, building a pipeline of people who move from being supporters to policy advocates
- Has experience organizing and executing a wide range of tactics to achieve a goal
- Demonstrates strong communication (written and verbal) and public speaking skills
- Has experience executing successful advocacy strategies across different regions of the state
- Shares our commitment to integrating our values into our work, building towards long-term structural change vs. winning one campaign
- Is comfortable learning about and championing progressive economic policies
The project requires a willingness to work outside the standard 9:00AM – 5:00 PM M-F hours. Existing experience with community organizations that work on legislation and advocacy will be helpful and Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement. Compensation is $3,500/month.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send a cover letter and resume to Laura “Pinky” Reinsch at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Secure Savings Organizer” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please indicate where you learned about this project. Proposals will be reviewed as they come in and position will remain open until filled.