Turn It Blue Digital
Job Posting: Sales Development Representative
Location: Continental United States (Remote Work Environment)
Base Salary: $30,000 annually | Post-Commission On-Target Earnings: $50,000 – $60,000 annually
Turn It Blue Digital (www.turnitbluedigital.com) — Named the Democratic Party’s ‘Best New Firm’ by Campaigns & Elections Magazine at the 2020 Reed Awards — offers a specialized suite of straightforward digital toolkits, designed for progressive candidates running for state and local office. We know it all too well: Running for office is hard. It takes guts and perseverance. But it’s incredibly important. Turn It Blue grew out of a stinging desire to fight back. We took our decades of experience, locked ourselves in a room, thought back on all the campaigns we’ve worked on in the past, and hammered out a plan to knock down one of the toughest barriers that state and local candidates face: kickstarting and maintaining an effective, professional digital program — one that wins.
Our sister agency, Boulder Strategies LLC (www.boulderstrategiesllc.com) is an 18-time award-winning, innovative digital marketing agency dedicated to achieving amazing results in an ever evolving digital-first world. We proudly work at the intersection of Public Affairs, Advocacy and Institutional Growth, mixing the best campaign-oriented tactics with the leading digital engagement, brand management, and lead generation tactics to ensure our political, non-profit, trade association, and B2B|B2C clients are always on the cutting edge.
Proudly progressive, we pour our hearts and souls into candidates and causes we care deeply for. Across both the Boulder Strategies and the Turn It Blue business units, our tightly-knit team jointly serves a growing group of highly-valued clients, constantly striving to amplify their messages and empower their campaigns to impress and convert in a beautiful way! If this sounds like something that excites you, we’d love to talk.
About The Role:
Our team is looking for a high energy and dynamic Sales Development Representative to generate sales opportunities and qualify leads through both inbound and outbound business development activities. This is a quota-carrying, salaried position that includes an uncapped commission structure.
This role will be responsible for engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. It is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the ensuing sales cycle. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone or video conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a prospect’s needs in alignment with our product offerings, and cater the sales outreach to each prospect specifically.
This is not a siloed position. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver feedback back into the marketing and product organization, and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
What you’ll do:
- Reach out to prospects via email, phone, Zoom, and LinkedIn to evaluate their goals and challenges, while introducing them to our best fit product and service solutions
- Qualify those prospects to determine whether or not they are a good fit for the Turn It Blue Digital or Boulder Strategies business units; Ensure decision-maker is brought into the sales cycle
- Work existing demand from our marketing-qualified lists to move from MQL to SQL to Opportunity status
- Organize and take thorough notes on prospects in our HubSpot CRM
- Learn our offerings inside and out and give demos on the best product(s) for good-fit potential customers
- Schedule qualified leads for closing sales calls with leadership team
- Run product demos to close business at or above quota level
- You have a track record of driving results (especially in a sales-oriented role)
- You’re hardworking and goal-oriented
- You want to do what it takes to be successful in sales, without sacrificing your values
- You have a tirelessly positive attitude
- You have a growth mindset and view challenges as learning opportunities, not failures
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- You love getting to know new people and helping them solve their problems with innovative solutions
- You are dedicated to achieving a progressive, Democratic majority in statehouses across the country
- Preferred: Minimum of one cycle of agency, campaign or non-profit experience, preferably in a Customer Success, Digital, or Field/Fundraising role; applicable internship or fellowship experience is acceptable
- Required: Relevant educational or professional background in political campaigning, sales, marketing, market research, financial services, consulting, business development or client success
- 1-3 years of experience in sales, tele-sales, field organizing or fundraising roles
- Prior experience with online sales tools, including HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Sales and virtual meeting tools
- Proven track record for articulating a product or service and building rapport with prospects
- Strong professional communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation and social media
- Ability to pinpoint customer pain points and accurately assess the transactional value for both the company and customer
- Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent and strong attention to detail.
- Well-organized, professional, and responsive; Able to function well in high-stress situations
Bonus Points to Applicants with the Following Traits:
- Prior successful experience working remotely or in a non-traditional office setting
- Valid certifications and completed coursework from HubSpot Academy (academy.hubspot.com)
Boulder Strategies LLC and Turn It Blue Digital is a telecommuting, remote work environment and encourages a strong work/life balance for our employees and contractors. Immediate benefits include a flexible vacation/leave policy, 75% employer-paid healthcare (including major medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage), employer-matched charitable donations, and an annual professional development budget.
Additional benefits — after one year of service — include an employer-matched 401-K retirement plan, and a generous company profit-sharing plan.
Fill out the application form and be sure to upload your cover letter and resume via the file upload tool. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis.
Please note that while we appreciate and review all applications that are submitted, we unfortunately cannot respond to all inquiries personally. Thus, if you have not received a response from us within 10-14 business days of your submission, please accept our thanks for your interest and our regrets that no position currently matched your particular skill sets. No calls please.
Boulder Strategies LLC and Turn It Blue Digital is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Women, people of color, veterans, disabled and LGBTQ+ friends: You are all welcome here!