The Public Interest Network
The Public Interest Network runs organizations committed to a cutting-edge vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to change. We work on issues, such as the environment and consumer protection, that highlight the need for a reassessment of our economic values and a new politics. Our campaigns challenge decision-makers and the rest of us to stop tolerating problems that are increasingly absurd in an age of advancing technology and growing abundance.
Right now, we need a Recruitment Director to find the next generation of social change activists. The Recruitment Director is responsible for recruiting talented entry level staff to run campaigns on some of our country’s biggest social and environmental issues.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Recruitment strategy: The Recruitment Director works with staff across the country to coordinate messaging and carry out comprehensive plans to meet our overall staffing goals.
- Candidate outreach: The Recruitment Director identifies top potential candidates, conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Networking: The Recruitment Director develops strategic relationships with partner organizations and universities and serves as the public face for our recruitment efforts at conferences, career panels and job forums.
- Tracking and data analysis: The Recruitment Director oversees our tracking and data analysis to identify trends and opportunities.
- Operations management: The Recruitment Director oversees daily operations of the department, including creating and managing the department’s budget and overseeing systems and candidate communications.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to fill this role. The Public Interest Network Recruitment Director must be detail oriented, able to manage and drive projects involving multiple stakeholders, be a competent writer and an articulate spokesperson. The ideal candidate would care deeply about both our campaigns and about building a strong and enduring institution to achieve long-term social change. Not a glory seeker, we need somebody in this role who is glad to be behind the scenes, but able and willing to take command, solve problems, hold people accountable and motivate staff at all levels of the organization. The recruitment director must be able to juggle multiple priorities, must be hungry for responsibility and demonstrate grace under pressure.
Compensation & Benefits:
The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with project management, networking, and running grassroots campaigns. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO or Boston, MA
Things To Know When You Apply:
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.