Emerge Colorado is seeking a full-time Project Manager to oversee and facilitate our training programs, alumnae activities, and communications programs.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to oversee and manage complex projects simultaneously, a positive track record seeking out and building collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders, will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment, and is able to handle a heavy workload without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to engage with elected officials, non-profit leaders, and candidates across the state to build the movement towards equitable gender representation in government.
About Emerge Colorado
Emerge Colorado is the state’s premier training program for Democratic women interested in elected office. We recruit and train women to run – and win. We work closely with policymakers, nonprofits, business leaders, and candidates to ensure women from all backgrounds have a seat at the table in Colorado’s political system and government, and we have a reputation for being one of the leading political organizations in the state. We have 350 alumnae with an 88% win-rate since 2013 and currently have 49 alumnae serving in elected offices across Colorado. Of our alumnae, 45% are women of color, 30% are LGBTQ, and 25% are union members.
Emerge Colorado’s signature program is a six-month training fellowship that provides over 80 hours of training for future candidates. We also administer one-day and three-day boot camps over the course of the year, and coach each of our current candidates to ensure their success.
What You’ll Do:
The Project Manager, who is based in Denver (with some flexibility) and reports to the Executive Director, will be the second full-time staffer for the organization. They will be responsible for coordinating our training programs, managing our alumnae committee, will oversee our digital and email communications programs, and plan fundraising events.
Coordinate Training Programs:
- Support the Executive Director and Board in recruiting and reviewing applicants for all training programs;
- Coordinate all logistics for the trainings including working with class members and trainers
- Work with the class members to ensure cohesion including planning social events and coordinating communications;
- Design and review feedback for trainings;
- Attend most trainings, which happen over weekends from January through July;
Manage Alumnae Activities:
- Serve as staff liaison to the Alumnae Committee – convene and attend regular meetings, coordinate officers, and collaboratively design annual work plans;
- Manage the alumnae mentorship program, monthly giving program, and regional recruitment events;
- Design and conduct outreach for alumnae secondary education trainings;
- Develop strong working relationships with our alumnae across the state;
- Manage and update the alumnae databases
- Design and disseminate cutting-edge content via our digital channels including social and email;
- Work with the Executive Director to manage the website and keep it up-to-date;
- Coordinate with the Executive Director on press outreach and earned media;
- Design and manage list-growth initiatives
- Run the low-dollar and monthly-donor fundraising programs, including writing emails, phonebanking, and developing overall strategy;
- Oversee logistics of large fundraising events including assisting with call time, logistics, data management, and donor outreach;
- Regularly update and manage compliance reporting database;
- Assist the executive director in preparing for donor meetings including donor research and prospecting;
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationships development, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. Fundamentally, we want someone who can manage multiple simultaneous projects, is self-driven and extremely accountable to deadlines and the work, incredibly organized, and committed to supporting women getting elected to office. You should have/be:
- An independent worker: this position requires you to be self-directed and proactive about owning and following through with responsibilities and be able to thrive without constant management
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders;
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles;
- Strong experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience organizing events for 25-200 people;
- Managing groups of volunteers over long and short-term projects;
- A strong written and verbal communicator: this includes public speaking, writing compelling fundraising and organizing emails and social media, and a background in social media or digital organizing;
- A commitment to gender equity, social justice, and democratic ideals
Prior experience in a legislative environment or candidate campaigns and in fundraising are plusses but are not requirements. This position requires working frequent weekend hours approximately one weekend per month January through July.
Benefits and Compensation
We expect our new hire to start in late November or early December 2019. This is a full-time exempt position at roughly 40 hours per week. The salary range is from $40,000 – $45,000 annually. Benefits include: generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; 100% employer paid health insurance, a matching Simple IRA, cell-phone reimbursement, and work-from-home opportunities. This job does require semi-regular weekend work.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and political system. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law. Women of color and LGBTQ people are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and relevant experience as well as your resume to email@example.com with the headline “Project Manager” in the subject line of the email. Please do not call.