Founded in 1994 by software entrepreneur Tim Gill, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of efforts to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people.
The Gill Foundation seeks a detail-oriented Grants Associate to facilitate the foundation’s grant-making operations through all stages of the process and provide administrative and project support. This position is a linchpin for the foundation, working across teams to ensure we process grants with efficiency and accuracy. This position reports to the Grants Manager.
The ideal candidate will embody the following traits:
· Believes in the vision of the Gill Foundation, fosters a mission-driven culture, and models the foundation’s core values of being nimble, pragmatic, and innovative.
· Pays close attention to detail, embraces learning opportunities, and seeks out information that could improve our grant-making process.
· Thrives in a team-centered environment, setting high expectations, sharing responsibility in both successes and failures, and placing a premium on learning and continual improvement.
· Exercises independent judgment and initiative to ensure information flows quickly, deadlines are met, and actions receive a rigorous evaluation.
Grants Processing – 50%
· Receive, track, and process grant applications from start to finish, creating grant shells based on approved budget, generating award letters, processing invoices, and finalizing grant reports.
· Generate monthly grant dockets for board review and approval, coordinating with the Programs Team to develop grant summaries and docket reports.
· Coordinate with accounting staff for grant payments, check requests, and transmittal letters.
· Support the Grants Manager and accounting staff with monthly reconciliation.
· Administer the employee gift match program.
· Vet and respond to external inquiries and direct to appropriate staff.
Data Integrity and Maintenance – 35%
· Manage the grants database and maintain accurate records, keeping current grantees’ contact information and charity status.
· Train and support staff in utilizing the grants database and maintain user manuals.
· Update and improve user interface to create ease of use and accurate input of data.
· Work with the Grants Manager and database consultant to execute system updates and upgrades.
Project Support – 15%
· Support the Programs Team through research and data entry.
· Work across departments to provide support for key projects, including planning and coordinating meetings, copy editing, and other duties as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience, 2-4 years.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Tech savvy and able to quickly learn new software.
· Able to manage multiple projects and accomplish short-term tasks and long-term goals.
Strong work ethic and ability to function independently and in a team environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with strong leaders across the Gill Foundation and LGBTQ movement. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including salary and health, retirement, and vacation benefits. Annual salary range for this position is $55k to $65k, depending on experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This position is based in our dog-friendly office in Denver, CO. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please, no phone calls.