Founded in 1994 by software entrepreneur Tim Gill, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of efforts to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people.
The Executive Assistant supports the CEO and the foundation’s senior management team. A master of logistics and creative problem-solver, this position handles confidential information with the utmost discretion and provides a broad knowledge base of organizational operations to effectively navigate and identify the right points of contact and build strong relationships across the foundations’ network of partners. This position requires a high level of technical skills, initiative, customer service, and independent judgment. This position reports to the COO and is a member of the finance and administration team.
The ideal candidate will embody the following traits:
· Believes in the vision of the Gill Foundation, fosters a mission-driven culture, and models the foundation’s core values of being nimble, pragmatic, and innovative.
· Exhibits initiative, discretion, and close attention to detail.
· Persists in achieving outcomes, exploring multiple options and iterating until the goal is met.
· Processes new ideas and information quickly, exercises independent judgement, and aims for concrete and verifiable results.
· Builds rapport and new relationships with ease, and helps make connections between foundation staff and potential partners, grantees, and collaborators.
· Thrives in a team-centered environment, seeks out opportunities to help facilitate the work of senior leadership, and contributes to the success of the team as a whole.
Senior Team Administrative Support 60%
Proactively manages the calendars of the CEO and other members of senior management. This includes fielding internal and external requests for meetings, keeping senior leaders moving between meetings, updating meeting attendees on delays and changes, and anticipating and resolving scheduling conflicts.
Coordinates travel and makes reservations for CEO and other senior team. Also coordinates with other staff participating in the same meetings and events.
Completes monthly expense reporting for CEO and senior team, collecting receipts and background on the purpose for expenses.
· Coordinates logistics for senior team meetings, all-staff meetings, and programs team meetings, including scheduling guest speakers, preparing materials, setting up technology needs, and lining up the dates, locations, and meals.
Prepares documents, presentation slides, and other materials as necessary for senior leaders.
Coordinates travel logistics for OutGiving conference guest speakers and provides other administrative support for events.
Board Meeting Support 10%
Works with the personal assistants for board members to calendar meetings requested by the CEO and foundation staff, and keeps track of associated follow-up items.
Plans and manages logistics for board and committee meetings, including meeting space, meals, lodging, and travel for staff and guests.
Ensures board books are meticulously edited, compiled in a professional way, and delivered in a timely manner to board meeting attendees.
Attends board meetings to ensure all logistical needs and member/guest/staff requests are met.
· Participates in monthly Finance and Administration team meetings.
Provides cross-department support by covering the front desk, phones, and other office needs.
Demonstrated excellence in executive administrative support, with a strong preference for at least three years of relevant experience.
Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Fantastic interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, and ability to communicate with people across the social and political spectrum.
Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and adhere to deadlines.
Advanced proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, with the capacity and willingness to quickly master new programs.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with strong leaders across the Gill Foundation and LGBTQ movement. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including salary and health, retirement, and vacation benefits. Annual salary range for this position is $45k to $55k, depending on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This position is based in our dog-friendly office in Denver, CO, and we require all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please, no phone calls.