NARAL Pro-Choice America
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.5 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Senior Digital Strategist
Positions Reporting to this Position: N/A
This Position is: Non-exempt Non-management Union Level: II
Salary Range: $40,800 – $48,300
As Digital Production Associate, you’ll help produce top-notch emails, web pages and other digital content for NARAL’s advocacy, political, and fundraising campaigns. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment and play a key role in the development, execution and evaluation of national and state online advocacy, political and fundraising campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate/entry-level applicant who’s passionate about reproductive freedom, politics and the digital organizing world to join NARAL’s Digital Team.
This position requires a candidate to be somebody who’s able to pick up tasks quickly and is organized, with meticulous attention to detail. The candidate must work well in a team, love collaboration and be willing to pitch in whole-heartedly to get the job done, no matter the task. The candidate must have great communication, written and interpersonal skills and be able to work well under pressure.
About you: You consider yourself tech-savvy and love all things digital. We love doing what we do, and hopefully, you do, too! You enjoy learning new things and can handle constructive feedback. You’re a team player and not afraid to ask for help and guidance when you need it.
You have an interest in progressive politics and policy, as well as reproductive freedom and have an ability to manage projects independently and comply with given deadlines.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing, proofreading, building and sending blast emails, as well as setting up petition, letter and donate pages for online products.
- Assisting with writing copy for social graphics, landing pages, websites, and other online communications as needed.
- Fielding requests from regional and statewide organizers who need assistance and guidance on what digital products to utilize to achieve their organizing goals.
- Uploading content to websites, CRM pages and more.
- Track, maintain and interpret email advocacy and fundraising campaign performance metrics. Run queries, create reports and share analytics with appropriate campaign leads to inform future strategy upon request.
- Quality assurance testing all aspects of the digital program (both national and various states).
- Maintain and file check requests for all department invoices.
- Other communication duties as needed.
- 1+ years of digital strategy/advocacy/communications experience;
- Excellent writing, interpersonal communication, time management, and organization skills required;
- Desire to excel in a setting with many competing projects and tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to maintain a sense of humor and a positive attitude;
- Must be pro-choice; and
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals.
Preferred but not required:
- Some nonprofit, political, online organizing or organizing experience (whether it’s from volunteering or internships);
- Have experience with HTML, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, using a membership database and/or eCRM and CMS; especially ActionKit, EveryAction 8 and Mobilize.
- Can code HTML quickly.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a substantive cover letter to:
Subject line: Digital Production Associate