ProgressNow Colorado Education, a 501(c)(3) organization, and ProgressNow Colorado, a 501(c)(4) organization, are seeking a highly strategic and results-oriented individual to join our team in a newly created Digital Organizer position. This person will play a key role in our highly driven team, allowing us to reach more Coloradans through thoughtful, innovative tactics and online platforms.
This person will help our team advance a range of issues and ensure PNC has a lasting impact on the political conversation and outcomes across the state. The organizations we support are engaged on the front lines of some of the most important issues Coloradans are facing today, and particularly at such a pivotal time in our nation’s history, we need strong leaders within our organization to make sure that we can continue to deliver top-quality services on as many of these issues as possible.
About ProgressNow Colorado
For more than a decade ProgressNow Colorado has been the leading progressive voice online and in the press in Colorado, acting as the public relations shop for the progressive movement and infrastructure in our state. We’ve supported the communications objectives of allied organizations as their needs have changed, and we’ve worked to ensure that Coloradans are educated about who represents them and where those individuals stand on issues impacting our families and communities. We specialize in rapid-response communications and storytelling work, and we’ve built a base of more than 95,000 supporters across the state, who not only engage with the content we develop online but turn out in person to fight for our shared values—in the State Capitol, at demonstrations, and at the ballot box. Our approach to traditional and digital media is comprehensive, including digital advertising and targeting, email, text messaging, digital content development, videography, message and spokesperson development, pitching and developing relationships with local, state, and national press, blogging, research, and writing.
Overall, this role will focus on organizing in both the reproductive freedom space, as well as online organizing on issues important to Coloradans in the moment such as the environment and climate change, racial justice, paid family leave, etc. You’ll report to our Communications Director but will work closely with our creative and digital departments to ensure we’re reaching the right audience with the right tactics and the right message.
The exact contours of the role will continue to evolve as our organization grows, but as a starting point, we’ll be leaning on you to drive two main areas:
- Reproductive Rights online organizing
- You’ll work closely with our reproductive rights team to help destigmatize abortion in Colorado as well as our digital team to support their needs. You’ll help us reach our programmatic goals and support reproductive rights coalition partners in their online organizing needs
- PNC general online organizing
- Volunteer management and relational organizing: For our campaigns, ballot initiatives, and other political work, this person will recruit, train, and deploy volunteers from our large list of supporters to communicate with Coloradans about critical issues in our communities, on the ballot, and in the halls of power.
- Programs and campaigns: This person will execute large scale digital campaigns with text messaging, Facebook messenger, Instagram, and other digital platforms to reach as many Coloradans as possible with our message to ensure Colorado continues along a progressive path and that we don’t lose the many gains we’ve made over the last decade.
- Testing and experimenting: This person will experiment and test out new online organizing platforms and tools, and will use strong communication skills to ensure that all external content is on message.
- Grassroots support and coalition work: You’ll represent ProgressNow Colorado on coalitions across a range of issues, and will work closely with grassroots activists to help them reach their goals
- Digital Department support: This person will work closely with our digital department to come up with strong strategies, innovative tactics, and online campaigns to reach both our goals and grant deliverables.
While traditional field work is off the table for the foreseeable future, we are looking for an innovative, strategic online organizer to help us reach as many Coloradans as we can. The ability for you to identify solutions to big-picture issues and to be detail oriented to ensure that tasks are executed perfectly will be key in your success.
More specifically, to succeed you will excel in most or all of the following:
- Demonstrated success building and leading high-impact online campaigns
- Demonstrated success working in racially diverse teams, and creating equitable and inclusive environments
- Able to build strong, trusting relationships across a diverse team and to work well across departments
- Able to spot problems and potential problems, and to proactively devise and implement creative and strategic solutions
- Highly organized and able to strategically prioritize across many competing (and high-stakes) priorities, and to keep track of all of the details throughout
- Demonstrated passion for progressive politics and social justice
- Excellent writer, able to write concisely, clearly and quickly
- Experience with building web sites, landing pages, and email platforms preferred
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. ProgressNow Colorado offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package, which includes generous paid vacation, sick leave and paid holidays, generous health, and dental insurance, optional vision, a matching IRA, and professional development opportunities. Due to COVID-19, this position is remote until further notice. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to applicants who are Colorado-based, or who have experience working in Colorado.
Salary range: $40,000 to $50,000 based on experience and skills
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
ProgressNow Colorado Education and ProgressNow Colorado are equal opportunity employers and we strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. ProgressNow is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and operates in compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders pertaining to nondiscrimination. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.