Democratic Senate Campaign Fund
The Democratic Senate Campaign Fund (DSCF) seeks an Executive Director to lead the
day-to-day operations of the committee. The Executive Director will design and implement the
strategic plan for 2020. We seek an energetic and experienced person who will work
collaboratively with our caucus, candidates, campaigns, stakeholders, and donors to build upon
the successes of 2018 by protecting incumbents and flipping additional seats in 2020.
Executive Director responsibilities include, at a minimum:
● Serve as the chief strategic and tactical executive of the DSCF.
● Managing political relationships across the state.
● Create a fundraising and long-term organizational plan.
● Hire and manage all staff which includes, at a minimum, conducting yearly performance
reviews, planning staff development/training, as well as reviewing staff functions and
restructuring job responsibilities, if necessary.
● Create an annual budget, with input and approval from DSCF leadership.
● Create incumbent protection plans for all vulnerable incumbents.
● Organize regular partner organization and table meetings to report on Colorado Senate
● Grow the organization to ensure that we not only compete, but also win targeted races
across the state.
The Executive Director will have significant successful campaign experience. Qualified
applicants must have demonstrated skills in managing staff at various levels of responsibility,
managing multiple consultant teams, motivating people, and developing and implementing
strategic plans. Strategic planning experience should include mission, campaign benchmarks,
and clear objectives in the areas of field, fundraising, and working with support teams. Superior
project management skills are a must to make sure that campaign strategies and tactics adapt
and change with the dynamics throughout the election cycle. The candidate needs good
judgment skills, political savvy, significant successful fundraising experience, and a work ethic of
the highest degree. We prefer someone with an understanding of Colorado politics, elected
officials, and major local political issues. The candidate must have the ability to work with a
diverse pool of Senators and candidates who come from a variety of backgrounds across
Colorado. Some national or congressional campaign and fundraising experience will strengthen
a candidate’s resume but is not absolutely necessary.
● At least 4 years experience in senior level management in political campaigns, public
sector, not-for-profit, private industry and/or trade associations. The ideal profile of
career experiences would include a blend of sectors.
● A clear understanding of all aspects of winning elections including state-of the-art
campaign techniques, digital, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election law,
grassroots/issue-based mobilizing, and get-out-the-vote programs.
● Proven ability to recruit, train, and develop staff.
● Strong experience with data and targeting.
● Ability to direct and manage a rapidly growing staff.
● Strong data and analytics skills, including extensive experience with VAN and NGP
● Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented, and
● Experience in writing prospectus, soliciting and securing both small and large donations.
● Basic media experience, writing press releases/media advisories, and working with
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send a resume and cover letter to