Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
Key Responsibilities: The Development Coordinator (DC) is responsible for assisting with the organization’s fundraising and communications plans, and for implementing strategies to increase visibility for the organization. The DC provides administrative and logistical support for all aspects of CIRC’s fundraising efforts. Areas of fundraising activities may include: individual giving, monthly giving, planned giving, corporate/business giving, special events, and marketing/messaging (donor cultivation). The DC will also be responsible for developing and implementing special event goals, analyzing special event effectiveness, recruiting and managing event committees, and stewarding special event participants. The position will work closely with the Development Director, Communications Manager, and Executive Director and will be a major contributor to the Development Team.
- Support in coordinating and carrying out the annual fundraiser including but not limited to:
- Managing and monitoring event timelines and budgets to ensure targets are met
- Coordination of securing location and vendors o Responsible for acquiring event sponsorships and overseeing ticket sales o Managing all aspects of event publicity including:
- Working with graphic designer on event branding
- Overseeing creation of event program and other marketing materials o Facilitation of a donor acknowledgement and follow up process o Coordination and management of staff/volunteer logistics committee who will assist with:
- Coordination of event correspondence and promotion
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Registration, check-in/out, and donation procedures
- Support and facilitate data entry in Salsa CRM as well as a process for donation acknowledgement and documenting cultivation touches
- Help facilitate donor communication strategy including but not limited to:
- Coordination of Colorado Gives Day campaign, online appeals, and annual mail appeals o Creation of donor marketing materials and facilitation of a donor cultivation calendar
- Oversee and coordinate donor cultivation events including but not limited to:
- Coordination of location and vendors. o Development of invitation and tracking of attendee responses. o Development of an event program and presentation
- Assist with internal and external marketing efforts, including but not limited to:
- Working with Communications Staff and Development Team to carry out CIRC messaging to donors and partners
- Managing groups in Salsa CRM to ensure appropriate supporter/donor segmentation
- Support with creation and distribution of annual report
- Ability to use data and metrics to show CIRC’s impact in Colorado
- 1 to 3 years successful experience in nonprofit fundraising, development, event planning, communications, and/or additional relevant experience
- Strong understanding of and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Google, familiarity with basic design software, adobe in-design, etc.
- Hands-on experience in donor cultivation
- Comfort with managing and utilizing a CRM system
- Experience planning and executing events
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Bilingual written and spoken English, Spanish or other second language preferred
Salary & Benefits: $41,500 yearly with full health, vision, and dental benefits and a generous PTO policy.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, writing sample, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: email@example.com.