Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
Remote work until further notice: For post remote work, the job location will be in the Denver metro area; those living outside the Denver area should be able to travel to the Denver office for in person events (on average several times a month)
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications Manager to enhance and support fundraising, organizing, and media relations on the communications side.
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition is seeking a diligent Communications Coordinator to start in the summer of 2021. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Communications Manager and work closely with the development team!
Areas of Responsibility
Organizer and Member Support
● Work with the Organizing and Development Teams to align effective, compelling
communications for organizing and fundraising campaigns.
● Collaborate with the Organizing Team and the Communications Manager to plan and facilitate
training on communications and messaging for members.
● Develop education/advocacy outreach materials to communicate campaign, partner and coalition info to members, supporters and donors.
● Draft regular updates to membership.
● Support legislative campaigns, deportation resistance cases and other organizing efforts by drafting language, creating petitions, promoting campaigns over email and social media, etc.
Drafting and Pitching to Media
● Collaborate with development team to facilitate the collection and use of stories from people impacted by CIRC’s work (in media and fundraising contexts) in an ethical, empowering way
● Manage rapid media response, including drafting press releases, talking points, and media messaging and coordinate media interviews as needed
● Assist in planning, logistics, and preparation of other CIRC members for press conferences.
● Coordinate website content, e-blasts and information campaigns. Manage CIRC’s social
media presence, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
● Create flyers, graphics, images, videos, etc to support our communications infrastructure
Fundraising and event support
● Assist development team in crafting language for donor appeals
● Create promotional materials for fundraisers or other events
● Offer miscellaneous event support, which may include photography, live streaming, etc
Anti-Oppression Commitment: All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to work toward an organizational culture that reflects the values and principles that we are fighting for in the world.
- Demonstrable skill as a writer.
- Previous experience with media communications, especially drafting press releases, media advisories, and talking points a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish
- Proactive, highly organized, and attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong technology skills.
- Previous experience with wordpress, canva, or action network a plus.
- Strong commitment to community justice and anti-oppression
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous communications experience
Starting date July 5, 2021
This position is a permanent, full-time position, supervised by the communications manager.
Salary is $46,500, subject to increase as budget and pay-tier structures allow. Cost of living adjustment on your hire date anniversary.
Health Insurance beginning the 1st day of the month after your hire. Vision and dental insurance are offered after 3 months.
How To Apply:
To apply, please email [email protected] with a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples*. If you have any questions or concerns, please slack Alex or Emily or call us at 720-295-4749.
*At least one writing sample must be in English
We are committed to fighting for a vision of justice that centers the needs and experience of BIPOC, immigrant, and LGBTQ+ folks, and other marginalized groups. We therefore would like to strongly encourage people identifying as a member of any of these communities to apply.