CIRC Action is seeking a Communications Manager to start in April of 2022. The Communications Manager will report to the Managing Director and work closely with the Mobilization Manager, Organizing and Operations Manager, and Development Director.
Specific Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and generate content (e.g. videos, posts, graphics, newsletters) for the organization’s social media accounts and website.
In coordination with the CIRC Action Senior team, identify press-worthy events/actions and work with the CIRC Action team to amass press coverage for them.
- Act as a spokesperson when talking to media when highlighting CIRC Action’s electoral and issue-advocacy work.
- Manage electoral and issue-based ad budget, content, and execution. This includes digital, radio, and print.
- Manage electoral and issue-based mailer budget, content, and execution.
- Organize press trainings for the CIRC Action team to prepare them to interact with media outlets.
- Write action alerts to engage members on CIRC Action’s electoral and legislative campaigns. This includes, but will not be limited to, getting members to sign petitions, fill out surveys, canvass for the organization’s endorsed candidates, attend lobby meetings, and participate in text and phone banking campaigns.
- Manage and develop content for phone and text banking campaigns.
- Evaluate existing digital strategies to advise the CIRC Action senior team on the target audience and tactics.
- Owns communication with membership, grassroots donors, and public.
- Support communications efforts for our statewide and federal campaign work
- Serve as the main point-person and strategist for any work CIRC Action does with communications vendors.
- Works closely with the Development Department to create & design promotional materials for fundraising appeals, newsletters, annual report, and fundraising events.
- Offers miscellaneous event support, which may include photography, live streaming, creating social media posts, zoom links, etc.
Strong Commitment Towards Anti-Oppression:
- All staff is expected to be active participants in CIRC Action’s equity and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values and principles that we are fighting for.
- Substantive experience working in advocacy, community organizing, or a non-profit organization.
- Strong experience in communications, graphic design, storytelling, and/or photography.
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms and crafting extensive digital campaign strategies.
- Experience in working with the press and owning media relationships
- Background in working in electoral campaigns is strongly preferred.
- Experienced writer and training as on-camera spokesperson preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Salesforce, and/or other CRM online constituent engagement tools.
- Experience with VAN or PDI.
- Experience with peer-to-peer and relational texting tools such as Hustle and OutVote.
- Knowledge of, and relationships within, local and state immigrant rights movement.
- A passion for building a reflective democracy and power building in communities of color.
- Commitment to equity and challenging oppression.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, budgeting, and time management skills.
- Up to 15% travel within the state and occasional out-of-state travel for trainings and conferences.
Compensation, Benefits, & Terms of Employment
This is a full-time, permanent, unionized, position compensated at $51,000 a year. The Communications Manager will report to the C4 Managing Director. The Communications Manager will have a three-month probationary period.
- Cell Phone: CIRC will pay a $75 monthly stipend to support your use of your cell phone, to be included in your paycheck.
- Health Insurance: The Communications Manager, as well as up to two dependents under the age of 18, are eligible to receive 100% employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance beginning the first day of employment.
- Generous PTO Policy: All full-time CIRC staff start with two weeks of paid time off, this increases annually.
- Professional Development: $1,000 in professional development funds annually.
- Annual Cost of Living Adjustment: This position will receive an annual $1,000 salary cost of living increase, in addition to other changes per the union contract.
- Reimbursements will be made for expenditures during the normal course of your work at the following levels:
Mileage – 65 cents per mile.
- Food, lodging, supplies, or miscellaneous expenses will be reimbursed based on approval of submitted forms and receipts
Potential candidates are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless there is a religious or medical reason for not getting the vaccine. Potential candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination or the basis for a religious or medical exemption before hire
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and contacts for three references to [email protected] Please let us know if you would like to request accommodations for the interviews.
CIRC Action Fund is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected] CIRC Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ, women, trans, and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities; and/or formerly incarcerated people.