CIRC Action Fund
CIRC Action Fund
Organizational Summary: The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition Action Fund (CIRC Action) is a 501 (c)(4) non-profit organization that believes in the inherent dignity and human rights of every person, regardless of immigration status. CIRC Action works to build a strong and thriving Colorado where all residents are treated with dignity and respect, have equal access to a fair and just quality of life, and have the opportunity to live united with family members. We achieve this mission by advocating for fair, humane, and workable public policies at the state and local level and by engaging in civic participation with new Americans.
Position Summary: CIRC Action is seeking a Communications Manager to start in the summer of 2021. The Communications Manager will report to the Managing Director and work closely with the Mobilization Manager, Organizing and Operations Manager, and Development Director.
Specific Role and Responsibilities:
Manage and generate content (e.g. videos, posts, graphics, newsletters) for the organization’s social media accounts and website.
In coordination with the CIRC Actionsenior team, identify press-worthy events/actions and work with the CIRC Action team to amass press coverage for them.
Act as a spokesperson when talking to media when highlighting CIRC Action’s electoral and issue-advocacy work.
Manage electoral and issue-based ad budget, content, and execution. This includes digital, radio, and print.
Manage electoral and issue-based mailer budget, content, and execution.
Organize press trainings for the CIRC Action team to prepare them to interact with media outlets.
Write action alerts to engage members on CIRC Action’s electoral and legislative campaigns. This includes, but will not be limited to, getting members to sign petitions, fill out surveys, canvass for the organization’s endorsed candidates, attend lobby meetings, and participate in text and phonebanking campaigns.
Manage and develop content for phone and textbanking campaigns.
Evaluate existing digital strategies to advise the CIRC Action senior team on target audience and tactics.
Owns communication with membership, grassroots donors and public.
Support communications efforts for our statewide and federal campaign work
Serves as the main point-person and strategist for any work CIRC Action does with communications vendors.
Works closely with the Managing Director and Development Director to create & design promotional materials for online fundraising appeals, including newsletters and fundraising events.
Offer miscellaneous event support, which may include photography, live streaming, creating social media posts, zoom links, etc.
Strong Commitment Towards Anti-Oppression:
All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC Action’s equity and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values and principles that we are fighting for.
- Substantive experience working in advocacy, community organizing, or a non-profit organization.
- Strong experience in communications, graphic design, storytelling and/or photography.
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms and crafting extensive digital campaign strategies.
- Experience in working with press and owning media relationships.
- Background in working in electoral campaigns strongly preferred.
- Experienced writer and training as on-camera spokesperson preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Salesforce and/or other CRM online constituent engagement tools.
- Experience with VAN or PDI.
- Experience with peer-to-peer and relational texting tools such as Hustle and OutVote.
- Knowledge of, and relationships within, local and state immigrant rights movement.
- A passion for building a reflective democracy and power building in communities of color.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, budgeting, and time management skills.
- Up to 15% travel within state and occasional out of state travel for trainings and conferences.
Salary and Terms of Employment:
This is a permanent, full-time, position with an intended start date of June 1, 2021
Competitive salary starting at $50,000, which includes a cost of living adjustment on the anniversary of your hire date
Health Insurance beginning the 1st day of the month after your hire. Vision and dental insurance beginning after 3 months.
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and contacts for three references to [email protected]