The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition Action Fund (CIRC Action) is seeking a part time Organizer Fellows to assist with our advocacy for the 2022 Electoral Program! We are seeking someone who is passionate about human rights and believes in the dignity of all people. This position will primarily be focused on having conversations with voters about the immigration issues at stake in midterm elections this year. The ideal candidate for this position has experience in organizing and is interested in developing skills in community outreach and political advocacy.
Employment Dates: July 18 – November 15, 2022
Hours: 15-30 hours per week. Weekdays after 2. Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Benefits: $300 monthly Health Care Stipend, Additional Bonuses Available
Location: Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition, 2525, W. Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80219
(Note: Location will vary depending on campaign that you are working on)
Professional Development and Training: CIRC Action will provide onboarding and training before upon hire and offer professional development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Carry out door-to-door canvassing in BIPOC communities to educate voters on immigration issues at stake in municipal elections
- Learn about candidates running for office in state, local and federal elections across the state
- Work with the Regional Campaign Manager and Mobilization Manager to craft messages that connect with voters, particularly in BIPOC communities
- Submit nightly reports of doors knocked, contacts, and commitment cards
- Organize literature and tablets on policy issues at stake in municipal elections
- Complete required reports and enter data accurately and on time
- Assist and support the Relational Campaign Manager and C4 senior staff as needed
- Preferred: Some campaign and/or field organizing experience
- Preferred: Experience using VAN and knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bilingual/Multilingual Spanish is a huge plus
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced electoral environment
- Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the needs of the team.
- Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and low-income communities.
- CIRC Action will be following CDC guidelines for PPE, masks and Social Distancing. Organizers will be expected to wear masks and practice social distancing while going door-to-door to talk to voters. Additional precautionary measures will be discussed during onboarding and training.
- Organizers are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless there is a religious or medical reason for not getting the vaccine. Organizers will be required to show proof of vaccination or the basis for a religious or medical exemption before hire
Please email a resume, cover letter, and two references to Jess Rosero [email protected] with the title “CIRC Action Organizing Fellow Application.”